Thursday, July 18, 2013

Jeffrey Campbell "Militant" black thigh-high boots for $230 at Nordstrom

I was really excited when I saw these super tall (28"!) Jeffrey Campbell "Militant" boots on the Nordstrom website for $229.95.  They reminded me of the Stuart Weitzman "Hilo" boots I liked so much, only for half the price and a few inches taller.  However, my enthusiasm waned when I saw they were actually faux leather.  Interesting that the Nordstrom website lists conflicting information as to the materials used - leather and textile upper.  I checked other websites and sure enough, they are faux leather.  I should have known that you couldn't get real leather designer thigh-high boots for that price!

While they look like real leather in the Nordstrom photos, they definitely look more like faux leather in the modeled photo I found, right down to the stitching at the top of the shaft.  As much as I like the style and height, I'm a purist when it comes to leather and it has to be real or nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment